Friday, August 31, 2007

Kate says the funniest things!

Ok - we're in St. George so I don't have access to post a photo at the present time, but just thought I would leave some thoughts from Kate (she just turned 4)- she is hilarious.

First some background leading up to Kate's Quotes. You must know that my parents own a dog "Brittany" that is 13 years old (that's 91 in dog years) that is now deaf, toothless and must be fed a special diet of soft meaty bites and wet dog food. You all know what wet dog food looks and smells like. Well, this weekend has led to Kate's first encounter with wet dog food.

Also - most of you are aware that my daughter Nicole (Kate's sister) has some anxiety issues (she gets it from her Dad). Nicole makes herself nervous about a variety of things, which usually leads to her making herself sick and she throws-up or cries a lot. One thing she is deathly afraid of is dogs. And sometimes, she gets nervous about going to school.

That should be enough background...so here are the quotes: (also - it's funny to know that Kate just made herself lunch. She poured about half a bag of pretzels onto a plate and got out a juice box).

Also, please remember Kate's special squeaky voice...it's a cross between Minnie Mouse and a little girl...

Quote #1: Last night, Kate was closely watching Grandpa as he made Brittany her dinner. He scooped out half a can of wet dog food and then kind of smashed it up. Then Kate said, "Granpa, Does Brittany eat dog pooh?"

Quote #2: "Granma, guess what? If I go to pre-school without throwing up or crying, then I get a toy!" Mom's (Amber) response: "No Kate - that's just for Nicole."

and Quote #3: this one came in the middle of the night the other night. My alarm went off which woke me up, but just caused Kate to stir. She was in the middle of a dream and started talking in her sleep. Kate(crying) :"Nicole!...Nicole!...Daddy - Nicole just took my coloring book!..." How would it be to be so young and innocent that the worst nightmare you can have is that your older sister just took your coloring book.

I'll put more pictures up on my next post.

See you all later!

2 comments:

Lorilee said...

I'm speechless, all I can do is sit here and smile at my screen...that was so much fun to read. I have the biggest smile across my face right now, "I like smiling, smiling's my favorite."
She is the funniest 4 year old I've ever met, and her comments only get better as she ages. I wish I could be there to witness her humor first hand.
I miss you guys!

Holly and Dave said...

i could listen to kate talk all day long... and record it and listen to it all over again.