Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Falling For Fall





GO UTES!!!
It is officially fall for me. Football season is here, the kids are back in school, the days seem shorter, and the nights are cool. Fall is my favorite time of year. So here is a post will some of the favorite things about fall.


I must also mention that fall also brings me to make certain things at my house. I have made 6 batches of caramel popcorn, and have eaten probably 4 myself. I really should stop, but I just can't resist the chewy, crunchy, sweet popcorn. If any of you are interested try the following recipe.

Microwave Caramel Popcorn

16 cups popped popcorn (not microwave)
1 stick butter
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/2 teaspoon salt
Microwave on high for 1 minute - stir
again for 1 minute - stir
then again for 1 minute - stir
Then add 1 teaspoon vanilla and 1/2 teaspoon baking soda. Stir, the mixture will foam.
Take a brown paper grocery sack and spray the inside with Pam.
Put the popcorn in and pour caramel mixture over the top. Roll closed and shake.
Place in microwave for 1 minute, shake
then 1 minute, shake
then 30 seconds, shake
and 30 seconds, shake.
Once done shaking, pour out onto cookie sheet to cool. Enjoy!

6 comments:

Lorilee said...

that is so funny you posted your caramel popcorn recipe... just two days ago I was talking to Cody about the microwave caramel popcorn you make, and I how wanted to call you and get the recipe. weird!

although I'm not a big football fan, I've always loved going to those U games.... pretty much because you get to eat all the treats you want and wear red. glad you guys had fun, and I'm happy for you that the kids are back in school :)

can't wait to make the popcorn.

Holly and Dave said...

thanks for the recipe! i also love caramel popcorn, the way it smells, sticks to your teeth, tastes, and feels so ooey-gooey warm in your mouth. definitely an autumn-time treat!

David said...

I dont know if you like the popcorn of football better, by the looks of the post I would say popcorn, i knew your a Sorensen but I had no idea that you really cooked, that awesome

Heather said...

Hey Amber!! I found your blog through Valerie's blog! Just thought I would say Hi!your kids are so grown up!! we have a blog to check it out.... paxmanfive.blogspot.com

JSN Thomas said...

I need some more of that popcorn!!! SO good! Cute picutes!

Valarie said...

This looks like a great recipe - I'll have to try it! BTW, I was looking back at some of my old posts and noticed that you want to join a recipe group - Ours may be changing so, I'll let you know! I still would love to get together with you guys sometime!