Wednesday, September 19, 2007

Ethan loves Oreos!

Amber went out with her sisters and mom tonight, so I had the kids. Amber dropped them off at my office and then I took them over to the new Chipotle. Needless to say, that was my choice, not theirs - but they each ate a cheese Quesadilla and for $0.80 a piece - that's a lot cheaper than McD's. On our way home, we stopped at a pet store - just for fun - to let the kids look at the animals. Ethan is fascinated by birds. Kate wants a kitty or a puppy. Nicole likes the animals as long as they are locked up. When I finally dragged them away, all 3 kids were crying. Ethan was tired. Kate wanted to take a pet home, and Nicole was crying at the simple idea we might ever have a pet. I know I'm the idiot - it was a lose, lose, lose situation from the beginning. When we got home I did a little swamp cooler work (the stupid thing started leaking again and I'll be visiting Home Depot tomorrow, hopefully only once, to buy some supplies to attempt to fix it) Swamp coolers are the biggest pieces of shiz in the world. I hate my swamp cooler more than the devil himself. Anyway, Ethan didn't eat much of his quesadilla, so I started feeding him some mandarin oranges. Kate started crying because it was our last cup of mandarin oranges. So I gave her an Oreo to shut her up. Well, I had forgotten that Ethan LOVES Oreos. As soon as he saw it, he immediately wanted nothing else. Here is the video for you to enjoy...


Then, I'm not kidding - 30 seconds later, Kate has gone upstairs and put on a Cinderella costume:




Nicole put a dress on, and they started playing Trick-or-Treat by taking turns being inside the pantry and handing treats out to each other as they knocked on the pantry door.

Then I look over at Ethan and he is a mess from his Oreo.




Then he starts grunting and pooped what seems to me like a world record quantity. I've tried to train him to do this only when Mom is around, but I got stuck with it this time.

These are the joys of having kids!

5 comments:

Lorilee said...

oh my gosh, watching that video made me cry. They are so cute Jeff, I miss your kids so much. Ethan is getting so big I can't believe it (Cody thinks you should submit that video of him to the makers of Oreo...perfect commercial), Nicole looks like she is 12..I'm not kidding, and Kate looks just the same. I loved her little voice when she said..."hi lori".

You are such a cute Dad Jeff. I felt like I was reading a children's book when you were describing your visit to the pet store. So typical of your kids, and so funny.
I miss you guys so much.

tylah said...

Why did you omit the part where you went upstairs and got dressed up in your darth vader costume and participated in the pantry trick-or-treat? That video is funny to see how much ethan likes oreos. It makes me wonder what goes through his head when he sees a small round black cookie like that.
p.s. GO COWBOYS!!! I had six tests in one today and have been studying my brains out all weekend. At 6 pm yesterday I still had a ton to go over, but I couldn't resist watching that game last night. They are looking good.
p.p.s GO CUBS!

Holly and Dave said...

i LOVED this post. your kids are darling. next time you should record ethan eating a mellowcreme pumpkin. he had one at my house yesterday and within about 28 seconds, he was completely orange, and well as everything and everyone he touched. i love those little kiddies!

Holly and Dave said...

and, can i add, how typical: nicole doesn't want to go to school at all, but kate just can't wait! you're such a great dad and what a cute family!

Anna said...

I just found your blog as I was blog surfing and what a treat! Amber and were in Xi together. Oh man, she's great. Your kids are so dang cute. I can't believe how Kate looks like a mini-Amber. Make sure to tell her Anna (Parsons) Shirley says hi!